Terms and Conditions
These are the terms and conditions (the Terms) relating to participation on the Player Advisory Team (the Panel) operated by Narrative Research and our research sponsor (we or us). In consideration of the opportunity of participating in the Panel, and without further consideration, you agree to the following terms:
Participation and Termination
1. Participation on the Panel is entirely voluntary. If you do not agree with these terms, do not participate on the Panel.
3. We reserve the right to terminate your membership on the Panel at any time with or without cause, including (without limitation) for any violations of these Terms.
4. We are not responsible for non-delivery of emails (invitations, etc.) for any reason.
The following provisions are conditions to your membership on the Panel:
5. Only one membership per individual is permitted.
6. In order to join the panel you must be the legal gambling age in your place of residence. By joining the Panel you represent and warrant to us that you meet these criteria.
7. You, and only you, are authorized to participate on the Panel using your email address. You agree to prevent any use of your email address for the purposes of the Panel by any other person.
8. You agree that we may contact you by email for survey invitations, reminders, and other communications related to the Panel. You must provide us with your valid email address to be a member of the Panel and receive survey invitations. We recommend that you add the Panel email addresses (email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org) to your email address books.
9. You agree that you will only provide true and accurate information (whether as part of the registration process, any survey or in any other communication with us).
10. You agree that you will not share, post, or publish survey links, URLs, and/or content from our website, and will not manipulate or attempt to manipulate survey links, URLs, and/or content on our website. You will only send emails to the Panel or use other communication tools available to the Panel for lawful and legitimate purposes. When you make any communication with the Panel, you represent that you own the content of the communication and do so without violating any third party rights.
11. You agree that any attempt by you to deliberately damage any Panel website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Panel is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, we reserve the right to see remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
13. In exchange for the ability to participate on the Panel you hereby:
i. Release Narrative Research and our research sponsor, each of their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, members, shareholders, employees, agents, representative, successors and assigns ("released parties"), from any and all claims or liabilities of any kind, loss, damage to you, however caused, including, without limitation, any claims for negligence, breach of contract (including but not limited to loss of data, profits and savings) or warranty, or breach of any duty that you may otherwise have against the released parties in law, equity or statute.
ii. Agree not to bring, join, or cause to be brought any claims, actions, or demands against the released parties.
iii. Agree to indemnify and hold the released parties harmless from any and all claims, liabilities or costs (including legal fees on a solicitor and client basis) of any kind, for loss or damage, however caused, including without limitation, any claims for negligence, breach of contract (including but not limited to loss of data, profits and savings) or warranty, or breach of any duty which you may otherwise have against the released parties in law, equity or statute.
14. If you are not satisfied with your rights and obligations in connection with your participation on the Panel or do not agree with any of these Terms, your sole and exclusive remedy (except as otherwise specified) is to terminate your participation on the Panel. Please refer to clause 1 of these Terms for information on how to terminate your membership on the Panel.
15. We reserve the right to change these Terms at any time, effective upon the posting of modified terms on the website. We will notify you of changes to the Terms by email or by posting a notice on the website. It is likely the Terms will change over time. It is your obligation to ensure that you have read, understood and agree to the most recent terms available on the website.
16. If any single part of these Terms is found to be legally ineffective or unenforceable, it shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining Terms. The invalidity of any particular provision of the Terms does not affect any other provision of the Terms, but terms are to be construed as if the invalid provision has been omitted.
17. The Terms are governed by the laws of Nova Scotia without regard to conflicts of law. All disputes under these Terms shall be subject to binding arbitration in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Act (Nova Scotia), before a single arbitrator sitting at Halifax, Nova Scotia.
* Updated August 2020