Panel Registration Contest Rules
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES FOR THE “PLAYER ADVISORY TEAM REGISTRATION” CONTEST
The “Player Advisory Team Registration” contest brings you a chance to win a cash prize. The contest will run from December 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021.
1. CONTEST PARTICIPATION: To participate in the contest, an individual must join the Panel by completing the Panel registration process that includes completing the Panel registration survey and clicking on the link in the confirmation email sent to the email address provided during the survey, on or before 11:59:59 PM on Wednesday, March 31, 2021 (the "Closing Date").
2. LIMIT: The contest is limited to one entry per person, per email address. This contest ends on the Closing Date. Entries received after the Closing Date shall be disqualified.
3. PRIZES: There are five (5) prizes available to be won at the end of the contest. The prizes are: One (1) of five (5) $100 cash prizes. The chances of winning depend upon the number of entries received.
4. RANDOM DRAW: The prize draw will be held on or about April 1, 2021, and will take place at Narrative Research's office in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Once drawn for a prize, an entry will not be eligible for the remaining prize draws for this contest.
5. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: Entry into this contest is free and does not require any purchase.
6. HOW TO ENTER: Individuals are eligible to win by completing the Panel registration process during the Contest Period. You may also enter the contest by legibly hand printing your first and last name, mailing address and phone number on an index card and mailing it to Player Advisory Team, c/o Narrative Research, 7071 Bayers Road, Suite 5001, Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3L 2C2. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged.
7. ELIGIBILITY: This contest is being offered by the research sponsor (“Sponsor”). The contest is open to US and Canadian residents who are at least the age of majority except Sponsor’s employees, Sponsor’s advertising and promotional agencies and their employees, as well as any person residing with any of the above. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of each entrant.
9. In Canada, to be declared a winner, the winning entrant must correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question in order to receive the prize.
10. The entrant whose email address is drawn for the prize will be notified by email and the prize will be sent by courier or regular mail. Winners must reply to the email notification within twenty (20) days of it being sent. Failure to do so will result in the winner waiving his/her right to the prize and another entrant will be selected and the same eligibility rules will apply to such entrant. This procedure relating to the selection and notification of a selected entrant shall be applied until a qualified winner has been duly selected.
11. Though reasonable efforts will be made to correctly identify and contact an entrant eligible to win the prize, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any selected entrant on the basis that the email address is incorrect or invalid or that Sponsor is otherwise unable to contact or locate an entrant who is drawn for the prize.
12. Entrants who have registered through fraudulent means, who have provided false or misleading information, or who have otherwise violated the contest rules will be disqualified at the absolute discretion of Sponsor.
13. By participating in this contest, all entrants declare that they have read, understood and complied with the contest rules and agree to abide by all decisions of Sponsor whose decisions shall be final and binding in all respects.
14. Entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from any claim, loss, expense or other liability arising from participation in this contest or the awarding, acceptance or use of any prize awarded under the contest.
15. Prior to receiving the prize, the contest winner must sign and return, within a stipulated period of time, a full liability release, which will include without limitation, authorization for Sponsor to publicize winner’s name without further compensation at any time and from time to time in association with this contest.
16. Sponsor has the right, at its sole discretion, to make prize substitutions of equivalent kind and value in the event of unavailability of any specified prize for reasons beyond Sponsor’s control. Winners must accept prizes as awarded.
17. Sponsor is not responsible for commencing, continuing or completing the “Player Advisory Team” contest draws or awarding the prizes in the event of circumstances beyond the control of Sponsor.
18. If for any reason the contest cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest in its entirety. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to see remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution (subject only to the consent of the Regie des alcools, des course et des jeux du Quebec).
19. For Quebec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this contest may be submitted to the Regie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Quebec (the “Regie”) for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Regie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
20. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor for any lost, late or misdirected entries, or for any computer, online, or technical malfunction that may occur.
21. All draws will adhere to the draw procedures established for the draw by Sponsor.
22. Contest and the application or interpretation of the Official Contest Rules shall be governed by the laws of Nova Scotia without regard to conflicts of law. All disputes under these Official Contest Rules shall be subject to binding arbitration in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Act (Nova Scotia), before a single arbitrator sitting at Halifax, Nova Scotia.
23. Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law.